Popular Posts

Thursday, May 04, 2017

To live Again - with audio

audio link

The golden rolling, journeying ball

Rolls along, rolls along



Silently leaving

All behind, all behind



I wish to catch it, to hold it still

Somehow I know, I never will

Never will, hold it still



The leaves of the trees

Pile ever higher, ever higher



The winds blow the ball

That I cannot catch

Evermore, evermore beyond my reach



A thousand places, a thousand times

Falling farther, and further behind



Yet I cannot end my search

For ambition drives the climb

Seeking out a better perch, a better perch



Till mine eyes may see so well

To watch that ball roll over, over the hill



Stepping off the running treadmill

Knowing that the game once played

Has been played, been played so well



To escape that dreary cell

The place of fire, the place of hell



Then to live again as was meant

By the love of the Lily spent

To find the lamb, the lamb who went



To his heaven's gate, his heaven's high

There, to contemplate with affection

His tattered bride, his tattered bride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.