Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How Long - with audio

audio link

How long,
Has it been..
Said the mouse
To the little bird
Since you have flown,
From your nest?

Seems like ages
Said the little bird.
But how long?
Asked the mouse?

In miles,
Maybe a lifetime,
But in time
Perhaps only a mile,
Said the Little bird.

You are perhaps
Just a bit confused?
Said the mouse.

Perplexed yes
Said the little bird
But confused no.
You see time flies
With it spans life.
But the time
And the distance
That I have gone
From my nest
cannot be measured
In those terms.

Who I am
Where I came from,
How I came to be,
My feelings,
Why, these are
All but impressions
That have not
The capacity
Or want
Of being captured
In a net of words,
For that would be
A trap to me.

When the little mouse
Thought about it,
He then realized
That these things
Could only
Be framed,
However meekly,
By the rising
Of the sun
And the change
Of the seasons,
As the winged ones
Fly over things
Made tiny
Below the arc
Of the horizon
In embrace with
The bending heavens above

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.