Popular Posts

Thursday, June 15, 2017

A WRENCHING THING - with audio

audio link


Sleep comes crashing down
Upon my brow, upon my brow
I see him now, I see him now
A man obsequiously bowing low, bowing low

Can I have a dollar?
I say no, I say no
What for I ask?, I almost holler
To buy food you know, food you know?

I’ll buy you a chicken
But he says oh no, he says oh no
My face twists up, blood thickens
I think he’s a fake, he’s a no go

I watch through the store window
I follow in his wake, in his wake
I think perhaps that oh
I made a mistake, I made a mistake

I go back out, in a different mood
To give him a five, to give him a five
But he is no more about, a chance for good
Has passed me by, has passed me by

What a wrenching thing it is to abide
The morbid caress of coldness, of coldness
Come in from the world outside to reside
To rest within my breast, within my breast

In my turning turbulent dreams
Running away from my screams, my screams
I think that if I shall live
May God forgive, may God forgive

And when in humility he comes again
Machismo and pride both cast aside in pain, in pain
Reaching out with eyes and words hoping
May my heart warm and my hand open, my hand open

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.