Popular Posts

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Wrecking Ball - with audio

audio link

I've hurt someone
Now like a wrecking ball inside me
Again and again each memory
Of the people that I've hurt
Slams and hollows this one out
Like an old abandoned building

What a conceited ass
I have become
My hands reach out
All they find is rubble
My nostrils fill with smoke and dust
Ashes and sulfur are my accusers

Tears lay choking and thrashing
Somewhere deep within
Damn the cold stillness
In the granite quarry
Of a pride cramped belly


A balloon filled with putrid air
A glove with no hand to take it
A cloud without rain

As my silence groans
In the growing darkness

Of empty words and
Broken promises 
Trampled love and
Shattered relationships 
Echos, of what was 
And what might have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.