Popular Posts

Friday, July 13, 2018

A Lullaby Prayer


A Lullaby Prayer

A Lullaby prayer
After the funeral
Came news of the newborn
Later
In the deep
I saw them
In the waves of time
Standing in the light
Of my childhood home
Asking -how have you been
And -what’s been going on
Would you like a cup of coffee
She asked, but then
I left out
In the night
Of the city
Looking
For someone,  
A brother
Of a different mother
But lost in the concentration
I stood among them
On the terraced hills and streets
Throngs of youth
Waiting, watching, cheering
For a concert, football or some event
Once again
I was at a loss and lost
To put together my way in life
But comforted by the display
On the faces of the future
And the hope shown there
Eyes aglow
And smiles in their words
Contrasted by the despair
Like a negative reflection
On the surface of darkened alley ways
O’er those hills and peoples I flew
In the silent craft of surreal circles
Aware of a need
A nagging feeling that
I had an appointment to keep
With yet another loved one
Should I be surprised in
The light of morning
That the times past
The experience present
And the vision future
Are joined in one place
As Family, babies, friends
Life, society, death
With the cold moonstruck dew
Rising into day
Spiraling, Ascending
Toward Completion
In the brightness
The flash of heat
From eternal shores
To infinite oceans
Pure, white
Spirit’s breath
And sight
Creation’s
Flight
Old
To new
Set
Aright

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.