Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On Family - with audio

audio link

I would steer my ship on board the prow
With that woman who has grasped my soul
Took what I offered and gave me children

Rather than bath in the seas
Of uncontrolled stormy wanderings
To desolate places of isolation
Entertaining and sustaining loneliness

She reached from beyond my place
Plucked me up to maturity in
Safe harbor where the world could wear off

In that solemn peace
I found awareness
With greater warmth
Of connected-ness

Moored to those
Who teach something greater
The giving of oneself for mate and kinderlas (children)

O how is it that this tired selfish one is so blest
Only God Himself knows
But in your arms and
By your side I am healed

My breath I take from gazing
Upon the smiles of my children
The stars in their eyes cause my heart to beat

How has this dream become my life
Many thanks offers one
Whose words cannot match the task
Of uttering such to the Holder of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.