Popular Posts

Monday, November 04, 2013

Shut up the Skies - with audio

 audio link

Where are the mighty men of old
Who shut up the skies so that the rains cannot come
The strong ones who burst the locks and chains
Of gloom in the hidden places
Who will heal the eyes of the feeble
That they may once again look upon fair Helena
What physician can heal the sick at heart
I hide away like Job from the stormy seas
Deep in the belly of the ship
For it comes upon me like the Dark clouds
Without reason or explanation, a howling wind
Slapping at the face of thankfulness
Blotting out the Sun of all that is precious and dear
Where shall one go to get away
What potion is there that will relieve meaningless anguish
Floods and channels without foundation
Whose hollow speeches threaten to carry off our very soul
So I leapt into the jaws of the great sea creature
There I sank ever downward toward my rest
Yet the thing of sadness followed me there
So I wept even while under the shroud of sleep
There did I toil on pillow and shake inside
I came to the surface of the waters many times
Only to drop once again like a struggling stone
The hail fell and the torrent poured
Filling up the earth's mouth till it was sated
Only then did this one rise again well enough
Rehearsing for another day
When Perfect Strength shall set us free
And nary a dark day ever dawn

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:22 AM

    Hang in there it fades with age.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.