Popular Posts

Friday, December 01, 2017

Turn Again Toward Friday

I turn again toward Friday in lesson-ing turns
Turn again toward Friday of diminishing returns
To plow hard in the morning and then in-joy staying up late
And doing things again because again I forget
Then slumbering deeply with no, or little regrets

Yes I lean in toward Friday as the night draws near
Look into the blackness of the future almost here
Nursing and praying over hopes, plans and fears
Will Friday come again with laughter and tears

And my soul ’tis drawn along irresistibly thus
Along the pathway of banquets or dry stones and such
It is then I think on the mighty men of old
Who’s hearts dried up and like the rocks grew cold
But me fair mother n burly loving dad gave me aught to hold

That which gives flesh life and eyes a kind of blindness
To see past the world and all of its unkindness
Toward the glory of that which is yet to come
As I roll the road to Friday in the crowd of mother’s sons

Here comes Friday with love and successes
Long loving kisses and gentle caresses
But gone she goes again with the wind in her tresses
And where the sun shown the moments are gone
Weekend days of rest, family, chores, do best
Monday’s test to peck like birds and build the nest

Sailors in the seas, churning at the mirage of Friday’s behest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.